The pandemic has had an unequal impact on the different branches of electronic commerce activity in the country: UK Business Email Database during the fourth quarter of 2020, the sectors of activity with the highest income were clothing (9.8% of total turnover) , channel subscription (5.1%) and gambling and betting (4.9%.) However, the branches associated with tourism that had managed to rebound during the third opens an investigation quarter. Ranking second with 5.3% of total turnover, now only reached 2.3% of the fourth quarter’s turnover. In general, eCommerce sales from tourism during 2020 suffered a decrease of more. And as expected in the year marked by confinement, sectors such as supermarkets. Or the purchase of household appliances they doubled their turnover compared to the previous year.
Amazon for anti-competitive opens an investigation
In relation to their number of transactions. Gambling and betting continue to lead the Spanish eCommerce with 7.3% of the total. Followed by clothing (7.0%), and in third place department stores (6, 4%). Compared to the previous. Television subscription services and supermarkets remain among the 10 businesses with the highest. Which shows the change in consumer habits that has been perceived in recent months. As for the net foreign balance. That is, the difference between purchases by foreigners in Spain and by Spaniards abroad. Yielded a deficit of 7,691 million euros. If we look at the number of transactions, 33.2% of the sales were registered on Spanish websites. While the remaining 66.8% on foreign websites. 64.8% of purchases from Spain abroad.
Two out of ten Spaniards already make video calls
Among the branches of activity with the highest volume of business from Spain to the outside we find clothing (11.1%), Find List subscription to channels (7.5%) and gambling and betting (5.2% ). Regarding sales from Spanish websites abroad, 59.2% come from the European Union, and the areas of activity related to the tourism sector (grouping travel agencies, air transport, land transport, car rental and hotels) they accounted for 28.6% of purchases made from abroad to eCommerce in Spain. In relation to eCommerce revenues within Spain (that is, purchases made in Spain to Spanish websites), they increased by 9.1% year-on-year, reaching 4,486 million euros. The leaders in billing within Spain are the Public Administration, taxes and social security (10.8%), hypermarkets, supermarkets and food stores) 9.0%), and in third place, household appliances, image and sound (8, 9%).